Within our groups we had now came to a decision as to what our designs would be, and from our sketches and technical drawing we now had to establish how we would pattern cut these designs. My friends design that I had to pattern cut consisted of the same dress block shape, however I had add and remove darts in different places in order for the pattern to work.
Basic Dress Block, drawn from my template and adjusted to my friends design.
Adding and Removing Darts

After adding seam allowance and all the additional details such as centre front, darts, balance lines etc I then was able to transfer these patterns into calico to enable me to get a ruff idea as to what the dress will appear like in the designers chosen fabric/
When sewing the dress I had to ensure that my seam allowance was 1cm through out all the seams.
Front of the dress
Samples
Patch Pocket
Invisible Zip
Bellows/Cargo Pocket


















No comments:
Post a Comment