Thursday, 17 March 2011

Final Week

This week consisted of our garments coming together and being finalised.I found many aspects of this task challeging as I have had no previous experience in making a garment, however from making numerous mistakes has made me learn more and to understand how garments are made.

The channel zip on the front of this design was part of the dress which I found challanging as I wanted the zip to sit right. After I had experiemnted with it a few times I had eventually got it to sit in the correct position and additionally added top stitch for additional detail.

I feel the grey fabric within this design really helps berak up the dress and highlights the zip detail. To being the dress to a neat finish I used a bound hem which got rid of all the ruff edges, however I found this task very difficult to achieve a neat finish, however after a few attempts i evetually got the hang of it.












Illustration

With my final illustration I wanted to encapsulate what out designs were based on. I used various different types of meida to really make my illustraion exciting amd to also reflect the clolour mood within it. I have illustrated my group members garment design . I feel i could have emphasised the dress more with more negative space.






No comments:

Post a Comment